Salami and other Italian-style meats have been recalled for Listeria at Publix, Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Meijer, Whole Foods, and other stores. The 26-ton Listeria recall by Daniele International of Mapleville, RI, includes salami, soppressata, capocollo (capicola), and prosciutto from May 23, 2022, through November 25, 2022, and shipped to retail stores nationwide through January 17, 2023. Consumers who have purchased these products should not eat them as Listeria can cause serious illness and death. Among pregnant women, Listeria can cause miscarriage or stillbirth.The recall includes the following products:
- Boar’s Head CHARCUTERIE TRIO, 6-oz. plastic tray with sell-by dates 4/13/23, 4/14/23, and 4/15/23.
- COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE GENOA UNCURED SALAMI, 7-oz. plastic tray with sell-by date 12/23/23.
- COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE BLACK PEPPER UNCURED SALAMI, 7-oz. plastic tray with use-by dates 12/22/23, 12/30/23, and 1/17/24.
- DEL DUCA SOPRESSATA, COPPA & GENOA SALAMI, 1-lb. plastic tray with sell-by dates 4/13/23 and 4/14/23.
- DEL DUCA CALABRESE, PROSCIUTTO & COPPA, 1-lb. plastic tray with a sell-by date
- FREDERIK’S by Meijer SPANISH STYLE charcuterie sampler tray, 6-oz. plastic tray with sell-by date 4/15/23.
2010 Recall, Outbreak
Italian-style meats produced by Daniele International were linked to a 44-state Salmonella outbreak that sickened 245 people in 2010. Over 1.4 million pounds of salami products were recalled.
Symptoms of a Listeria Infection
Symptoms of a Listeria infection usually appear within a day of exposure but can sometimes take as long as 70 days to develop. They include high fever, severe headache, stiff neck, other muscle stiffness, confusion, loss of balance, and convulsions. Pregnant women can suffer miscarriage or stillbirth even if they only experience mild flu-like symptoms.
Experienced Listeria Lawyers
If you were sickened by contaminated salami please contact our Listeria lawyers. Our Food Safety Team has more experience handling Listeria lawsuits than any other law firm in the country securing some of the largest Listeria settlements in U.S. history including a recent award of $6.4 million for neurologic injury from a contaminated deli product. You can reach us by calling 1-888-377-8900, sending a text to 612-261-0856, or by completing the form below. There is no cost and no obligation and we don’t get paid unless we win.